Reincarnation is the process used by Spirit to progress the soul through evolutionary cycles. With each lifetime, the soul repays karmic debt, receives rewards for karmic credit and sets-up situations that cause the soul to face spiritual lessons. These lessons help to progress the enlightenment of the soul. If we learn our lessons, we move forward, if we repeat old patterns and chose not to learn, we can remain stagnant and end up having to repeat the lesson again.
2013 will be a year of great spiritual awakening for those who seek it.
By learning and exploring your past lives, you will grow spiritually. Past life knowledge can enhance your creativity by increasing your self discovery, any talents long forgotten can come back to you, strengths you never knew you had can be realized, and abilities not developed in this life can be brought to light and explored.
The value of getting in touch with past lives is not only about learning who we once were, but in rounding out or balancing out our personalities. We will come to realize that we have lived many lives before and we will eventually return to experience many more, this realization frees us from any fear of death we may be harboring.
I don’t recommend past life work to be done on a whim. It should be treated with respect. Prepare yourself like you would for a ritual, take the time to meditate and put yourself into the right frame of mind before you start the actual past life work. Write out your work days before. Make sure you have all your tools ready, candles, music, incense, oils, etc. Make sure you will not be disturbed during this time.
I also think it is important to not go into past life work with any preconceived notions of what you think your past lives were like. Try to let the images come to you without influencing them. Only then will you be able to accept what you see fully and know that you are seeing what needs to be seen, not what you wish to see.
Below I have included some chants, spells, recipes, and meditation tips to get you started on your journey to past life exploration. I wish you a journey filled with enlightenment.
Past Life Incense
Used to remember past lives
Cinnamon: ½ part
Myrrh ½ part
Myrrh essential oil: 2-3 drops
Cinnamon essential oil: 1 drop
Used to study past lives
Sandalwood: 2 parts
Myrrh: 2 parts
Crete: 1 part
Patchouli essential oil: 3 drops
Past life Chant
'Remove the chains of time and space and make my spirit soar.
Let these mortal arms embrace the life that (haunts or has happened) before.'
Let these mortal arms embrace the life that (haunts or has happened) before.'
Spell To Remember a Past LifeItems Needed:
1 white Candle, 1 mirror, yourself
Set the candle next to the mirror so the light from it can hit your face but not see the candle in the mirror.
Turn off the lights and sit in front of the mirror.
Once comfortably seated, look into your eyes and say these words:
"Oracle of lunar light, Send me the second sight"
Stare into your eyes and allow them to relax naturally. Do not however allow your eyes to close. Your reflection will dissolve and another will appear. Try to look at the face, body, clothing and surroundings. After you do this, you will have emotions that you can not explain. Don't worry; they will go away in a few minutes.
You may have to say these words a few times and stare into your reflection for a while. Remember to concentrate.
I also came across a nice site which gives information on using crystals with your past life workings.
release a frequency that is effective for past life meditations. Crystals
On her website, Judy Hall gives detailed information on which crystals to use for the particular past life work you are attempting. Her site can be found here:
Past Life Meditation
1. Sit in a comfortable position, one that you can sustain for about 30-45 minutes.
2. Close your eyes and take in a deep cleansing breath. Fill your lungs to their fullest capacity. Then release the breath through your mouth and push all the air out of your body. Take in 3 deep breaths through the nose, imagine the white light from the universe coming into your lungs and collecting at your solar plexus.
3. With all 3 exhales, imagine all the stress, anxiety and negativity you have leaving your body and carried out to the universe on a gray smoke where it can be dissipated and no longer do harm to anyone. As you exhale, imagine the events of the day or week floating out of your body. Put these worries aside and begin to relax your entire body and mind. Feel the tension in your muscles begin to subside. Begin at your solar plexus and imagine the white light moving up and down your body from this point. Imagine the warmth of the energy as it passes through your muscles and organs. Feel the tingling sensations as the light moves down to your toes and up your body to the top of your head. Imagine your entire body engulfed by this white divine light, from the inside out.
4. Say a prayer once more asking your guides and teachers to come to you and to help with the purpose of this mediation. State your intention clearly and ask the Great Spirits (your God/Goddess) to help you with your meditative journey. Don't forget to thank them up front for their efforts.
5. This step takes a little practice, don't worry if you can't do this for any extended period of time, but at least give it a try. Keep your eyes closed, but look up at the pituitary gland. This is a small gland located in the middle of your forehead, just above the brow. (This is also considered to be the position of your third eye and is therefore the gateway to higher conscious realms). Try to keep your eyes focused on this point. The muscles around your eyes may become sore as you stretch them upward, so don't over do this at first. As you practice, this step will become easier and easier to do.
6. As you focus on your third eye imagine you’re at the base of a tunnel, dimly lit and slanting upward. Imagine your astral body (or your soul) standing up from your physical body and begin to walk toward and into the tunnel. See the lights on the walls and the texture of the floor as you walk through the tunnel. Imagine yourself moving upward.
7. Just a head of you, about 100 yards, you see a set of glass doors and through those doors you can see a brilliant white light. You feel in your heart that this is the light of the universal consciousness, of the Divine. A feeling of Peace, calm, protection and knowledge fills your insides. With each step closer, you feel more relaxed and at peace, you feel uplifted and connected to this universal energy.
8. As you approach the doors, they automatically open and invite your soul into this realm of enlightenment. Beyond the doors your spiritual sanctuary awaits.
9. Go inside; sit in the center of your sanctuary. State your purpose for this visit to your spiritual sanctuary. It will be important for you to ask your Spirit Guide to come and help you during this session. Tell them what you need and how you would like them to help you.
10. When you're ready imagine yourself (your higher self) conducting a spiritual meditation. Feel yourself becoming more relaxed, going deeper into you spiritual realm. Imagine seeing and feeling your higher self, taking in the cleansing breaths and this time, imagine your spiritual body rising out of your higher self body.
11. Your spiritual body floats through your sanctuary to a bookcase you hadn't noticed before. Each book on the case is a volume of a past life. There could be hundreds or thousands or more. How many are there, isn't important. See and feel your spiritual body moving to the book case and taking one volume off the shelf. As you carry the book back to the center of the room, see your spirit merge back into the image of your higher self. Once you have rejoined these two energy bodies, imagine your higher self opening your eyes. (Don’t open your eyes in reality; you are seeing your higher self in your sanctuary. This type of visualization helps to keep you in a deep meditation which is needed to access your personal akashic records).
12. As your higher self looks at the book take note of its cover. What it's made of, are there any decorations, or lettering on the cover. When you're ready, open the book and examine the pages. What do you see? Turn each page and read about yourself, or see the various images of yourself in a past life. Make a mental note about what you see so you can bring it back with you.
13. When you have concluded your visit, make sure you thank your guides and or God(s) for their help.
14. Imagine yourself approaching your sanctuary entry way, sitting on a pedestal by the door is a small object. Pick it up and examine it. Make note of what it is, place it in your pocket and then leave.
15. Pass through the glass doors and heading back down to your meditative space. Imagine your soul walking through the door to your room, and seeing your physical body right where you left it. As your soul steps back inside your physical body, all the visions sensations and answers you received merge with your physical brain and are automatically stored into your conscious mind.
16. Take in a deep breath, begin to feel your body, become more and more aware of your surroundings, have a nice long and hard stretch and then open your eyes.
Record Your Experience
The last thing you should do before you get up from your meditative spot is to record this event either on tape or in a journal. It's important to do it right away while the images, feelings and sounds are still clear in your mind. Record as much detail as you remember. Don't try to decipher images or figure out significant connections until you're done. Make note of what you saw, then go back and think about why it was there for you.
When you've recorded the detail, think about how this lifetime you discovered affects this current embodiment. Re-read what you wrote and you'll find a lot of hidden meanings that you didn't notice when you were writing or when you were in your sanctuary. Try to include names, places, cloths, feelings (that's important), what you feel the purpose of that lifetime is in this embodiment. All these things you should be able to get from reading your book.
The last thing you want to record is the description of the object by the door. This was your gift to you for your visit. And will tell you something about your experience in the sanctuary for this particular journey. It's a nice way to give yourself a message each time you enter the structure. So you might want to d this every time you leave.
Good luck, and don't worry if you can't accomplish this the first time. Don't be hard on yourself. Just keep practicing
Found on paganpath.com
I wanted to add that I have read and practiced thousands of guided meditations and while I have not attempted this one personally, I do think it is a well-written and thought out meditation. I would love to hear from anyone who tries it. As always, you can of course write to me personally if you do not feel comfortable adding it publicly.
I love hearing from all!